CHANGES IN MATTER
Select the correct term to complete the sentences.
1. Electrons in a(n) ____ bond are transferred from one atom to another.
2. Electrons in a(n) ____ bond are shared between atoms.
3. An atom that loses or gains an electron is called a(n) ____.
4. Mixing baking soda and vinegar is an example of a(n) ____.
5. A chemical reaction that gets hot is ____.
6. In a chemical reaction, you start with ____ that are combined to make
7. A chemical reaction that gets colder is ____.
8. To make water from hydrogen and oxygen, a spark provides the ____
needed to make the reaction happen.
9. ____ can change one element into another element.
10. A(n) ____ occurs when the fission of one nucleus triggers the fission
of many other nuclei.
11. In ____ an atomic nucleus ejects two protons and two neutrons.
12. In ____ a neutron in a nucleus splits into a proton and an electron.
13. In ____ the nucleus of an atom emits a high-energy photon but the
number of protons and neutrons stays the same.