Select the correct term to complete the sentences.
Newton’s third law
law of conservation of energy
law of conservation of momentum
1. The ____ states that the total amount of momentum in a closed
system cannot change.
2. ____ is calculated by multiplying a force and the time needed for the
force to act.
3. According to ____, for every action force, there is a reaction force
equal in strength and opposite in direction
4. The mass of an object multiplied by its velocity equals its ____.
5. The ____ states that energy can never be created or destroyed, just
changed from one form to another.
6. The unit of energy needed to push with a force of one newton over a
distance of one meter is one ____.
7. Energy due to position is known as ____.
8. Energy of motion is called ____.
9. ____ is needed to cause change to an object, such as changing its
speed or height.
10. ____ is force times distance moved in the direction of the force.
11. When two or more objects hit each other, a ____ occurs.
12. When two objects collide and stick together or change shape, it is
called a(n) ____.
13. Two billiard balls bouncing off each other is an example of a(n) ____.