ENERGY FLOW AND SYSTEM
Select the correct term to complete the sentences.
second law of thermodynamics
1. Light is a form of ____.
2. ____ results from splitting or fusing atoms.
3. Energy stored in a candy bar is an example of ____.
4. ____ can be used to do work whenever there is a temperature
5. Kinetic and potential energy are both forms of ____.
6. ____ is the amount of energy changed divided by the time it takes.
7. One ____ is equal to one joule per second.
8. One ____ is equal to 746 watts.
9. When work is done by heat flowing, the output work is always less
than the amount of heat that flows. This is a statement of the ____.
10. The flow of energy almost always involves ____.
11. ____ means there is a balance between energy in and energy out so
the total energy remains the same.
12. A ____ is a way of describing the flow of energy between living