FORCES IN EQUILIBRIUM TERMINOLOGY
1. A ____ has both magnitude and direction.
2. A ____ has magnitude and no direction.
3. ___ is the size or amount of something and includes a unit of
4. Every vector can be represented as the sum of its ____.
5. A ____ shows all of the forces acting on an object.
6. If a book sits on a table, the table exerts an upward ____ on the book.
7. The sum of two vectors is called the _____.
8. ____ is the relationship between a spring’s change in length and the
force it exerts.
9. When the net force acting on an object is zero, the object is in ____.
10. ____ is a force that resists the motion of objects.
11. The type of friction between objects that are not moving is called
12. A fluid used to reduce friction is called a ____.
13. ____ is the action that causes objects to rotate.
14. An object is in ____ if the net torque on it is zero.
15. The longer the _____ of a force, the greater the torque.