Select the correct term to complete the sentences.
1. Frequency is measured in ____.
2. A ____ is the building block of harmonic motion and has a beginning
and an end.
3. The time it takes for one cycle is called the ____.
4. Motion that repeats itself over and over is called ____.
5. The number of cycles an oscillator makes per second is called the
6. A pendulum, an atom, and the solar system are all examples of ____.
7. ____ describes the size of a cycle.
8. Swinging motion (back and forth motion that repeats) is an example
of a ____.
10. The ____ of an oscillator describes where it is in the cycle.
11. When the frequency of a periodic force matches the natural frequency
of the oscillating system, ____ occurs.
12. A guitar is tuned by adjusting the ____ of the vibrating string to
match a musical note.
13. The ____ is a force that always acts to pull an oscillator back toward
the center position.