Select the correct term to complete the sentences.
1. A _____ keeps its magnetic properties even when it is not near other
2. Every magnet has two _____.
3. A _____ is present in the region around a magnet.
4. A(n) _____ is a magnet created by electric current in a wire.
5. You can use the _____ to figure out the locations of an
6. A material that is _____ has the same number of electrons spinning in
each direction, so there is no overall magnetic field.
7. In ferromagnetic materials, groups of atoms with the same magnetic
alignment create _____.
8. _____ materials such as iron can create permanent magnets.
9. _____ materials are very weakly magnetic because electrons are
10. A _____ quickly loses its magnetism when taken out of a magnetic
11. The _____ is a unit used to measure the strength of magnetic fields.
12. A _____ is simply a permanent magnet that is free to spin.
13. The difference between the way a compass points and the direction of
true north is called _____.