PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF MATTER
Select the correct term to complete the sentences.
1. The metric unit used when measuring stress or pressure is the ____.
2. ____ is a measure of how much force a material can withstand per
3. Rubber is a more ____ material than steel.
4. Salt is crystalline and plastic is ____.
5. The ____ of a material is its mass divided by its volume.
6. The ____ of a material is the stress at which it breaks under tension.
7. Temperature increases cause ____ in almost all solid materials.
8. ____ is a measure of the upward force a fluid exerts on an object that
9. Maple syrup is a thick fluid that does not flow easily and has a high
10. ____ states that the force exerted on an object by a liquid is equal to
the weight of the fluid displaced by the object.
11. As you pump more air into a bicycle tire, you increase the ____ inside
12. ____ states that the volume of a gas increases with increasing
13. ____ states that as the pressure of a gas increases, its volume