SIMPLE MACHINE, WORK , POWER AND ENERGY
1. A unit of power equal to 746 watts is called one ____.
2. ____ is the rate of doing work.
3. Force multiplied by distance is equal to ____.
4. The measurement unit of power equal to one joule of work performed
in 1 second is called the ____.
5. The ramp, the lever, and the wheel and axle are examples of ____.
6. Pushing on the pedals of a bicycle is an example of the ____ to a
7. Moving a heavy load is an example of the ____ from a lever.
8. To calculate a machine’s ____, you divide the output force by the
9. A ____ is a device with moving parts that work together to
accomplish a task.
10. The pivot point of a lever is known as its ____.
11. The side of a lever where the input force is applied is the _____.
12. The pulling force in a rope is known as ____.
13. ____ is the ratio of work output to work input and is usually
expressed as a percent.
14. A process with less than 100% efficiency is _____