SYSTEM IN MOTION
Select the correct term to complete the sentences.
center of gravity
center of mass
law of universal gravitation
1. A _____ vector shows an object’s change in position.
2. The path of a projectile is its _____.
3. A _____ is an object that moves through the air only affected by the
force of gravity.
4. The mathematical shape of a projectile’s trajectory is a _____.
5. The horizontal distance a projectile travels is its _____.
6. An object _____ when it moves in a circle around an external axis.
7. A wheel ____ about an axis in its center.
8. _____ is the measure of how fast an object rotates or revolves.
9. An inward _____ is needed to move an object in a circle.
10. The _____ describes the relationship between mass, distance, and
11. An object that orbits the earth is a _____.
12. An object’s _____ is the average position of all the particles that
make up its mass.
13. You can balance an object on your finger if you support it at its