TEMPERATURE , ENERGY AND MATTER
Select the correct term to complete the sentences.
1. A(n) ____ is made up of only one type of molecule.
2. A(n) ____ is a combination of different compounds and/or elements.
3. Each element has a unique type of ____.
4. Groups of atoms joined together by chemical bonds are called ____.
5. On the ____, water boils at 100 degrees and freezes at 0 degrees.
6. ____ is a measure of the average kinetic energy of particles in a
7. A state of matter that has a definite volume and can flow is a(n) ____.
8. A state of matter that can expand or contract to fill a container is a(n)
9. ____ is the sum of all the kinetic energy of the particles of a system.
10. Oceans are able to help regulate the temperature of Earth due to the
high ____ of water.
11. The flow of thermal energy is called ____.
12. When you grab a hot mug of cocoa, heat is transferred from the mug
to your hand by ____.
13. Heat transfer through currents in air or water is called ____.
14. Heat from the sun is transferred to Earth by ____.