Select the correct term to complete the sentences
strong nuclear force
1. Protons and neutrons are found in the ____, at in the center of the
2. A(n) ____ is a particle with a negative charge.
3. ____ are atoms of the same element with different numbers of
4. The strongest force in the universe is known as the ____.
5. The number of protons in the nucleus in an atom is the element’s
6. The ____ is a way of organizing the elements based on their chemical
7. The first ____ of an electron cloud has the lowest energy and is
closest to the nucleus.
8. The vertical columns of the periodic table are called ____.
9. A(n) ____ is a shiny, opaque element that is a good conductor.
10. According to quantum theory, light energy comes in little bundles
11. Each element emits a characteristic pattern of ____.
12. Heisenberg’s ____ states that you cannot precisely measure the
location of an electron because it is so tiny.
13. If you toss a single penny, the ____ of getting heads is 50%.