1. What would happen if we used a 3A fuse for a fan heater that normally needs 8 Amps?
2. Why is it a bad idea to use a 13A fuse for a bedside lamp that only needs 0.2A under normal conditions?
3. An electric heater uses 4A when running. Would you fit it with a 3A, 5A or 13A fuse?
4. A garden floodlight has a 480W bulb, and runs on 230V.
(a) How much current does it need?
(b) Would you fit it with a 3A, 5A or 13A fuse?
5. An electric shaver uses 40W of power, and runs on 230V
(a) What current does it need?
(b) Given a choice of 1A, 3A, 5A or 13A fuses, which would you use?
6. What fuse would you put into a 1000W 230V iron 3A, 5A, 9A or 13A?
7. What fuse would you put into a 2500W 230V Cooker 3A, 5A, 9A or 13A?
8. Why can you not use a 3000W oven in a normal socket?
9. Our main hall lighting rig contains 8 x 1,000W lamps, 6 x 1,200W, 6 x 600W, 12 x 650W and 15 x 500W.
(a) When all the lamps are faded up, what is the total power?
(b) Would a 150A fuse be enough to run the system?