1. State the Tangent law. Describe the setting and working of deflection magnetometer.
2. State the Curie’s law and explain the properties of dia, para and ferromagnetic substances based on magnetization (M), susceptibility ( m) and magnetic permeability.
3. Derive the relation between relative permeability and magnetic susceptibility (m)
4. Derive the expression for torque on a Bar magnet: Torque = M x B
5. Calculate the magnitude of force acting on an electron moving with a velocity 3 x 107 m/s at right angles to a magnetic field of 10T. (4.8 x 10-11 N)
6. An electron moving with velocity 5 x 107 m/s enters a magnetic field of 1 NA-1 m-1 at angle 300 to the field. Calculate the force on the electron. (4 x 10-12 N)