1. About which axis a uniform cube will have minimum moment of inertia?
2. State the principle of moments of rotational equilibrium.
3. Find the moment of inertia of a disc of radius R and mass m about an axis in its plane at a distance R/2 from its centre.
4. Can the couple acting on a rigid body produce translator motion?
5. Which component of linear momentum does not contribute to angular momentum?
6. A system is in stable equilibrium. What can we say about its potential energy?
7. Is radius of gyration a constant quantity?
8. Two solid spheres of the same mass are made of metals of different densities. Which of them has a large moment of inertia about the diameter?
9. The moment of inertia of two rotating bodies A and B are IA and IB (IA > IB) and their angular momenta are equal. Which one has a greater kinetic energy?
10. A particle moves on a circular path with decreasing speed. What happens to its angular momentum?
11. What is the value of instantaneous speed of the point of contact during pure rolling?
12. Which physical quantity is conserved when a planet revolves around the sun?
13. What is the value of torque on the planet due to the gravitational force of sun?
14. If no external torque acts on a body, will its angular velocity be constant?
15. Why there are two propellers in a helicopter?
16. A child sits stationary at one end of a long trolley moving uniformly with speed V on a smooth horizontal floor. If the child gets up and runs about on the trolley in any manner, then what is the effect of the speed of the centre of mass of the (trolley + child) system?