1. Define the conservative and non conservative forces. Give examples of each.
2. A light body and a heavy body have same linear momentum. Which one has greater K.E? (Ans. : lighter body has more K.E.)
3. The momentum of the body is doubled what % does its K.E change? [Ans : (300%)]
4. A body is moving along a circular path. How much work is done by the centripetal force?
5. Which spring has greater value of spring constant - a hard spring or a delicate spring?
6. Two bodies stick together after collision. What type of collision is in b/w these two bodies?
7. State the two conditions under which a force does no work?
8. How will the momentum of a body changes if its K.E is doubled?
9. K.E of a body is increased by 300 %. Find the % increase in its momentum? (100%)
10. A light and a heavy body have same K.E. which of the two have more momentum and why? (heavier body)
11. Mountain roads rarely go straight up the slop, but wind up gradually. Why?
12. A truck and a car moving with the same K.E on a straight road. Their engines are simultaneously
switched off which one will stop at a lesser distance?
13. What happens to the P.E of a bubble when it rises in water? (decrease)
14. A body is moving at constant speed over a friction surface. What is the
work done by the weight of the body? (W = 0)
15. Is it necessary that work done in the motion of a body over a closed loop is zero for every force in nature? Why?
16. Define spring constant of a spring?
17. What happens when a sphere collides head on elastically with a sphere of same mass initially at rest?